Salary : £24000-£25000 p.a.
Ipswich Town Centre location
Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours – shift pattern between 8.30 a.m. and 6 p.m.)
Our client is a leading European independent mortgage, real estate and commercial loan servicer based in Ipswich.
Your role as an Arrears Officer is to proactively manage residential mortgage accounts that are either in arrears or have the potential to fall into arrears in the near future by ensuring collection activities are carried out in accordance with regulations. On a day to day basis you will communicate with customers primarily by receiving incoming and making outgoing calls to understand circumstances, deal with payment related queries and discuss options to find the best outcome for the customer. You will analyse customer documentation including bank statements and income and expenditure forms to ascertain potential solutions for the customer and respond appropriately. Treating customers fairly is at the forefront of all customer contact and regular assessment and monitoring is completed to ensure the customer is treated in line with these principles and that any arrangement plans that are set up are appropriate and affordable.
- A fundamental desire to do the right things, in the right way and for the right reasons.
- Ability to organise workload to meet deadlines and regulatory requirements.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Excellent communicator at all levels – both verbal and written.
- High attention to detail – recording of information must be accurate, factual and professional.
- Ability to work as an effective team member – be co-operative, support others and deliver what you promise.
- Ability to proactively manage own work load.
- A desire to learn and take on new systems and concepts quickly.
- Empathetic manner – be able to confidently deal with difficult conversations whilst showing empathy and dealing sensitively, but appropriately.
- A can-do attitude with a desire to identify and deliver effective solutions for customers and all clients and stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Competent using Microsoft Office packages.
- Experience within the mortgage/lending industry.
- Customer service experience.
Full job description available
Annual leave 23 days increasing to 25 days after 2 years’ service
Life assurance x2 salary
Pension scheme – Company matching contribution up to 5% (auto enrolment after 3 months service)
Cycle to work scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
Perks at Work Discount site
Excellent Non-contractual staff benefits and other perks offered.
Unfortunately, they do not have any car parking facilities being in the town centre, however, there are plenty of car parks in the area.
Salary : £24-25K
Location : Ipswich
Full time perm
Type : financial
Apply for this position
If you have not previously registered with us, you will need to do so first before we can process your application.
Click here to Register