Salary range: £50000 – £60000 p.a. Location: Office-based in Braintree, Essex, with the possibility for remote days based on specific tasks and agreement with the manager Hours: Full-time 40 hrs (Mon-Fri 8.00-4.30)
- Subsidised lunch support scheme for days worked
- Life insurance equal to three times annual salary (after probation)
- Free and secure car parking
- Free fresh fruit provided for all staff
- Free coffee and Tea
- Possibility to join company pension scheme with business contribution up to 4% (depending on the employee contribution)
- Access to industry training schemes
- 24/7 confidential wellbeing support helpline
We are currently working on behalf of one of our long established clients located in the Braintree area who are seeking an experienced and progressive Technical Engineer to join their expanding team.
Role: You will play a key pivotal role in the definition, design, engineering, and continuous improvement of a wide array of electrical products to continually advance the company’s portfolio. Working closely with the Technical Manager, you will stimulate the seamless integration of both new and improved products and processes, ensuring timely delivery, profitability, and compliance to international standards.
Product Solutions Development:
Lead the creation and refinement of electrical product solutions within the sector of power distribution, circuit protection, and associated products. Ensure that all designs adhere to current industry standards and regulations. Regularly review and update product solutions based on evolving market needs, technological advancements, and regulatory updates. Working with and becoming an integral part of established technical committees within the industry such as Beama. Upholding a close working relationship with their manufacturing partners and production facilities. Visit manufacturing sites within Europe and Asia as and when required.
Pre-sales and After-sales Support:
Offer technical backup to the company’s internal and external sales teams. Engage directly with their customers for any technical enquiries, support needs, or clarifications pre and post-sales.
Ensure smooth operations by supporting planning and administrative tasks. Input pertinent information to the company’s SAP and PIM business management systems. Collaborate with the Sales and Marketing teams to provide technical support in the creation of product documentation and appropriate customer communications.
Uphold the company’s Quality Objectives in product design, development, and support. Adhere to the company’s ISO9001-2015 accreditation standards and processes.
Requirements for the role:
- A Degree or HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering.
- A proficient understanding and experience of the electrical components industry and the legislative and regulatory framework that governs the industry.
- An in depth understanding of the technical characteristics of products used within this sector.
- Proven experience in electrical equipment design
- Strong project management, administrative, organisational, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- An innovative mindset with a flair for design, problem-solving and attention to detail.
- A track record of successful customer interactions, particularly in a technical support role.
- A positive mental attitude.
- Working knowledge of IT systems for communication, presentation, data entry and analytics.
- Experience with SAP or other similar business management tools.
- Competence in producing electrical schematics and mechanical manufacturing drawings using CAD
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Salary : up to £60K
Location : Braintree
Full time perm
Type : Engineering
Apply for this position
If you have not previously registered with us, you will need to do so first before we can process your application.
Click here to Register