This document is to be used as part of booking training where personal data is obtained from the data subject or via the delegates employer. This privacy notice should be provided to any delegate who books via the website.
SVC Training Ltd (the "Company") is a training provider which delivers training services to its clients and their employees. The Company must process personal data so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the Company acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to the Company directly, such as on a training booking form or via our website when you either book training or purchase credits for e- learning, or we may collect them from another source such as your employer. The Company must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with training we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
1. Collection and use of personal data
a) Purpose of processing and legal basis
The Company will collect your personal data and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with training.
The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Legitimate interest
- Performance of a contract
b) Legitimate interest
Where the Company has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests is:
- Applicable in providing training services to you as an individual
c) Performance of a contract
Where the Company has relied on performance of a contract to process your personal data this is:
- Applicable in fulfilling a contract or in taking steps associated with fulfilling a contract to provide training products and/ or associated services to you
- To communicate with you in relation to the provision of the contracted training products and services
- To provide you with administrative support relating to the training products/ services
Where the Company relies on Consent to process your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) your consent is:
- For the specific purpose of processing your data in relation to providing training to you as an individual
- Where the Company intends to rely on your Consent to process any sensitive personal data/ special category data then your consent will be obtained and the reason/s for collecting and processing the required data will be made clear to you at the time of consent.
e) Recipient/s of data
The Company will process your personal data with the following recipients:
- Trainers who are either employed by or are working under a contract for services for the Company and creating and delivering training to you
- Professional bodies or Accredited bodies associated with the training you are undertaking.
Please note there may be a requirement during our business activities and for compliance and regulatory purposes, that your personal information may be shared with supervisory or regulatory authorities for the purposes of internal audits and investigations carried out on the Company to ensure that the Company is complying with all relevant laws and obligations. This includes Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). As part of complying with the laws that apply to us, we may be required to use your data for the purpose of investigating, reporting and detecting crime. We may also use your information during internal audits to demonstrate our compliance with certain industry standards.
f) Statutory/contractual requirement
Your personal data is a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You are obliged to provide the personal data and if you do not the consequences of failure to provide the data is:
- that SVC will not be able to provide you with the contracted training and associated services.
2. Overseas Transfers
The Company may transfer only the information you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) for the purposes of providing you with training services. We will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information.
3. Data retention
The Company will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
Where the Company has obtained your consent to process your personal data and where appropriate special category data, we will do so and only retain the data for the periods defined in our Company retention/ archiving policy. A summary of these timeframes is set out below.
Upon expiry of that period the Company may seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted the Company will cease to process your personal data and or any relevant special category data.
Summary of Company data retention/ archiving periods:
Booking forms with Client and delegate information will be retained and deleted after 1 year.
Feedback forms from delegates will be retained and deleted after 1 year.
Training documentation and correspondence for Clients and Delegates will be retained and deleted after 1 year after the date of the course.
4. Your rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to the Company processing your personal data and where appropriate special category data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting your Business Consultant or another representative of the Company or the Data Protection Officer.
There may be circumstances where the Company will still need to process your data for legal or official reasons. We will inform you if this is the case. Where this is the case, we will restrict the data to only what is necessary for the purpose of meeting those specific reasons.
If you believe that any of your data that the Company processes is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using the details given and we will take reasonable steps to checks its accuracy and correct it where necessary.
You can also contact us using the above details if you want us to restrict the type or amount of data we process for you, access your personal data or exercise any of the other rights listed above.
4. Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact your Business Consultant as a representative of the Company or the Data Protection Officer. You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.
6. Company appointed Data Protection Officer
- Paul Goodchild, Managing Director
- T: 01206 262117
- E: [email protected]