Introduction to Leadership is a Leaders for the Future module available as a one day course. It is specifically designed for very busy leaders, and will help you in understanding great leadership.
Pleasurable experience at SVC.
The enhanced knowledge I now have from completing the course, plus the reference materials I can refer to are what I need, and needed to further myself from a personal development perspective. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Amanda for encouraging, supporting, coaching and mentoring me, and Juliana for tolerating me throughout the course. Providing me with essential skills and techniques has helped shape and will continue to influence my professional development throughout the remainder of my career
Thank you for your always cheery and friendly correspondences, for keeping me on my toes and up to date with my course materials, dates and so forth. A big thanks to everyone who has made it a pleasurable experience at SVC.
Understanding Great Leadership
Introduction to Leadership Course
Do you want improved performance from your managers or leadership team? Or, perhaps you want to provide leadership training as part of your management and supervisor induction?
Without doubt, whatever your requirements, this Introduction to Leadership training will help you with understanding great leadership and will make your working life easier.
Of course, all companies need great leaders. But leadership in the new world of work means developing the skills required to unlock the potential of your team and others around you. So it is vital to bring people together and collaborate to achieve the best results. To this end, the Understanding Great Leadership course will help unlock the great leaders in your organisation.
This course will give you or your delegates all the tools and expertise your business leaders need.
Why choose this Introduction to leadership course?
Think about your business, its people, challenges, aspirations, opportunities and goals. Now think about the difference it would it make if your managers become better equipped to:
- Inspire a team and its members for peak performance.
- Resolve business issues with everyone involved collaborating.
- Unite individuals around a shared vision, continuously developing a transformational consensus.
- Respect and value everyone through the creation of a positive work environment.
- Be better, more productive leaders through improved self-awareness.
- Accomplish business success with greater efficiency and productivity.
- Reduce staff turnover by motivating teams and individuals.
In the final analysis, the Introduction to Leadership course means a more motivated, inspired, and productive workforce. Your need for great leaders is now a reality.
Who should attend?
The training will suit you if you are taking your first steps into a leadership role, or if you are a more experienced leader with little or no formal training.
Introduction to Leadership Outline
- Be True to Your Strengths: This is a self-review of personal attributes, current effectiveness and individual steps for development.
- Solicit Feedback: Understand working relationships by reviewing working interactions and those that are not effective.
- Effective Questioning: Delegates will understand how to take positive measures to become self-aware, ask the right questions, and listen effectively to the responses.
- Positivity: Develop the fundamental belief that you can change and improve things.
Develop a Vision – Using a transparent process to develop goals directly related to its vision and encouraging them to live for the team.
- Leading by Example: Discover the necessity of setting an example for the team and effectively demonstrating a strong work ethic.
- Be Inclusive: Develop a simple approach to value input from all team members to establish a personal approach to inclusiveness.
- Manage Negativity: Explore the impact of negativity and establish methods of overcoming it.
- Delegation: Observe a straightforward process to distribute relevant motivational and practical work tasks.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify new opportunities and regularly review business processes and methods to drive improvement.
- Problem Solving: Utilise a simple way to explore innovative ideas for a reasoned solution to manage problems as they arise.
- Life-long Development: Commitment to identifying valuable and preferred learning and development methods.
At the end of the course, the Introduction to Leadership training will equip you to:
- Understand the essential criteria for effective personal, team and task leadership.
- Increase self-awareness and develop a positive leadership approach.
- Utilise effective methods to achieve the best from the team and others.
- Put into practice working practices to become a great leader.
Duration: Full Day
Follow-on Course: Leaders for the Future Development Programme
Discover The Skills That Future Leaders Will Need
Get Help with Your Leadership
SVC Training can provide you and your team with a wide range of skills-based courses and training to help you and your business. For a no-obligation confidential chat about how can help your company: